Tuna + White Beans
- 1 can tuna drained (olive oil or water packed is fine)
- ½ cup white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil less if tuna is packed in oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 lemon juiced and zest
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve on romaine lettuce leaves or on a slice of the Upgraded Sandwich Bread. Easy and satisfying!
Tuna is a tremendously healthy protein to keep on hand. Throw in some fiber rich beans and antioxidant dense herbs only gives this Mediterranean classic a bigger thumbs up. Make ahead tip: This lasts well covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.