Winter Salad With Brown “Butter” Dressing
- 4 oz greens
- 1 cup peas (if frozen, be sure to thaw completely)
- ¼ cup quinoa cooked
- ¼ cup honey roasted pecans crushed, or coarsely chopped
- ½ cup goat cheese (optional )
- 1 avocado
- 2 clementines
- ⅓ cup NOW Foods coconut oil infused with butter flavor (or sub regular butter)
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- ½ tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- In a large salad bowl, assemble your salad: greens, peas, cooked quinoa, crushed pecans, goat cheese, avocados, and clementines. Set it aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt your coconut oil and then add in remaining dressing ingredients: mustard, coconut sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce. Stir frequently for about 5 minutes until the sauce is completely melted. Use a whisk to make the color and consistency uniform.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss, and serve!