- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- ½ cup organic broth (vegetable or chicken) or water
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced
- 1 cup kale sliced thin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 pickle large, sliced thin (we love Bubbie’s brand) or ¼ cup kimchi
- ¼ cup edamame shelled and cooked (optional)
- 1 inch ginger peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp tamari
- Ginger Miso Sauce optional (see Ginger Miso Sauce recipe)
- In a skillet add the broth or water and the shiitake mushrooms and gently cook for 2-3 minutes. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate, and lightly cover with foil.
- Continue that process, steaming the carrots and cabbage, setting aside with the mushrooms. Repeat with the kale and edamame.
- Add your cooked quinoa to a bowl. Spoon the veggies over the quinoa then add the sliced pickles or kimchi and the ginger to the bowl.
- Dress the bowl with a little tamari or Ginger Miso Sauce for a huge flavor kick.
- Toss well to mix. Make it your own!
Make ahead tip: Have the grains and veggies pre-cooked to make throwing this together a breeze! Simply reheat and top with the pickle, ginger and sauce.