We’re officially ready to roll out all of our favorite fall recipes and we’re kicking things off with this Butternut Squash Kale Salad with Maple Bacon Vinaigrette! If we didn’t catch you at butternut squash we bet we got your attention with maple bacon, huh? This salad shines on a Thanksgiving dinner table – it’s full of color and flavor and would taste amazing with turkey and mashed potatoes on the side.
Tip: To save time, you can purchase pre-shredded brussel sprouts and buy butternut squash that’s already been peeled and cubed.
Butternut Squash Kale Salad with Maple Bacon Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 2 bushels kale, de-stemmed and leaves torn
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, shredded
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 strips bacon cooked, crispy, crumbled
- Olive oil for the squash and kale
- Black pepper
For the Dressing:
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp grainy dijon mustard
- 3 strips bacon cooked, crispy
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the butternut squash in a drizzle of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway (you can do this ahead of time, too).
- Meanwhile, massage the kale with a healthy drizzle of olive oil. Then, blend the ingredients for the dressing until smooth.
- Once the butternut squash is cooked, toss with the remaining salad ingredients, and mix with the dressing.