We love anything in “bite size” form and these Gingerbread Cake Bites are no exception! It’s not Christmas without gingerbread and these bites are delicious and quick with no baking required! You’re going to Fa-la-la-love them!
- 1 ¾ cups oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar divided
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- dash ground cloves
- pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the oat flour, coconut flour, 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, the remaining spices, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the nut butter with the molasses and mix until well combined. Only heat until the molasses is easily incorporated.
- Slowly pour the almond butter mixture into the dry mixture and mix well to combine. Only add one half of the milk – you want the mixture to be firm enough to roll, so see how the texture is after that. Depending on the consistency, only add more milk or if needed.
- Lightly wet your hands and use them to form into small bite sized balls.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon mixture and place on a baking sheet or plate. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to firm up.