If you haven’t noticed, we’re BIG fans of cookies over here at PN (if you haven’t yet, check out our other fan fave Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies). So you shouldn’t be surprised to see these Grain-Free Molasses Cookies on our blog. We know not everyone can tolerate gluten or other grains… but no one should have to live a life without cookies.
Grain-Free Molasses Cookies
Makes: 8-10 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted + cooled coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (+ extra for rolling; optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients and set aside. Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the wet ingredients until smooth. Then, working in small batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until incorporated. Let the dough rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie scoop so that each cookie is the same size. Roll each cookie into a ball, dip in coconut sugar, and press to flatten onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are slightly crispy and the tops become crackly. These cookies are soft in the center; if a crispy cookie is more your jam, bake for a few minutes longer.