I don’t know about you but when I see the word “pesto” on a menu my heart skips a beat. This summer salad recipes seriously checks all the boxes – savory pesto, sweet, juicy strawberries and nutty arugula?? Swoon.
Pesto Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Arugula
For the Salad:
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (grab pre-cooked chicken breasts for an even bigger time saver!)
- 4 cups arugula*
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
For the Pesto:
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime, juiced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (big pinch of each)
- Pulse the ingredients for the pesto in a food processor until combined (add more oil if you like your pesto thinner).
- Toss the chicken with half the pesto, then assemble the salad.
- Drizzle the remaining pesto over everything, and mix well.
*Feel free to play around with the salad ingredients! Spinach or kale would be a great substitute here as well.