It’s that time of year…. and in case you didn’t know, PSBB’s are the new PSL’s. OK, not really but I kind of like giving them their own acronym to go with the season. And they deserve their own acronym! These bars are everything you want from a fall breakfast item – they’re grab-and-go, pumpkin-spicey, cozy, healthy, and delicious! What more could you ask for?
- 1 egg
- ½ cup canned pumpkin purée
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour*
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 3 tbsp cocoa nibs
*To make your own oat flour in a jiffy, just blend oats in a blender or food processor and voila!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and coat an 8-inch square pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin, maple syrup, egg and vanilla with electric beaters until well combined.
- Add the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom and beat again.
- Finally add in the oat flour, rolled oats, almond flour, coconut flour, walnuts and cocoa nibs. Beat until just combined (don’t overmix).
- Spoon dough into the pan and spread out until smooth and even. If dough is very sticky, wet a plastic spatula and use the back of it, use wet hands, or cover the dough in another piece of parchment and pat it down.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing (they will crumble if you cut when hot). Enjoy!
Trick-or-Treat: Your Guide to Trader Joe’s Fall Items
As with most Trader Joe’s items, not all autumnal-flavored treats are created equal. We’ve broken down some of this year’s fall foods to help you skip the sugary, processed, downright spooky “tricks” and choose healthy(er) “treats” instead.Read More
Butternut Squash Kale Salad with Maple Bacon Vinaigrette
This Butternut Squash Kale Salad with Maple Bacon Vinaigrette is the perfect fall salad – it’s full of clolor and flavor and shines on a Thanksgiving dinner table!Read More