Chickpea Chicken Salad
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 can garbanzo beans drained, rinsed
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups lacinato kale de-veined, thinly sliced
- 2 cups romaine thinly sliced
- 4 radishes finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bell pepper any color, cored and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup creamy balsamic dressing (see Creamy Balsamic Dressing recipe)
- 2 chicken thighs cooked (see Go-To Chicken recipe)
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat and saute the garbanzo beans, salt and pepper for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Add the kale, romaine, radishes, carrots, bell pepper, and sunflower seeds into a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well to coat; we like to use our hands to coat the greens well.
- Add in the chickpeas and chicken and toss it again to lightly coat with dressing.
Did you know chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same things? They are. We love this colorful, crunchy and flavor-packed salad. Feel free to make it your own. Don’t like radishes? Add beets. Don’t feel like chicken? Ditch it!