Grilled Banana Splits
- 5 Medjool dates pitted, soaked for about 30 minutes
- ⅔ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp raw cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
Banana Split Ingredients
- 1 banana peel on, sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Coconut Whipped Cream (see Coconut Whipped Cream recipe)
- toasted nuts
- cacao nibs
- Raspberry Chia Jam (see Raspberry Chia Jam recipe)
- fruit fresh or dried
- coconut flakes
- Add all the chocolate sauce ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until super smooth. If you want it sweeter simply add another date! Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat or turn the broiler on. Sprinkle the cut side of the banana with cinnamon. Put the halves cut side down on the grill or cut side up under the broiler and cook until they brown, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip over and cook one additional minute. Remove the bananas from the heat, peel (carefully) and put in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle the banana with chocolate sauce, dollop it with whipped cream and add any other PN-friendly toppings you fancy. Enjoy it immensely.
Make ahead tip: Make the sauce in advance and keep in the fridge when you’re ready to use! Simply reheat it slightly to thin it out. Lasts about 10 days in the fridge.