Chocolate = love, so we’re spreadin’ the love with our favorite recipe for Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles! These chocolate truffles have no added sugar (they’re naturally sweetened with dates!) and plenty of healthy fats from hazelnuts and coconut. We think you’ll ❤️them.
Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
- 1 cup dry roasted, unsalted hazelnuts
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Small pinch of sea salt
- ⅓ cup of dried goji berries or shredded coconut shavings (optional)
- Place the hazelnuts into a food processor and pulse until they are a fine consistency.
- While the food processor is running, add in the dates one at a time. Add in all other ingredients and blend until everything is well combined. The mixture should be slightly sticky but holding together.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for ~ 20 minutes.
- If using goji berries, grind in food processor or coffee grinder until they are a fine consistency. Place the goji crumble and/ or coconut shavings on a plate. Wet your hands slightly with water and form the truffles between your hands. They should be slightly smaller than a ping pong ball. Roll the truffles in the goji berry crumble or coconut shaving (but we love them plain too!) .
- Enjoy! (We think they’re best enjoyed cold.) Store in the fridge or freezer.
Yields 15 – 20 truffles
“Imperfect” BLT Crimson Lentils
We’re so excited to partner with Imperfect Foods, a company on a mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone – a mission we support 100%. We used our Imperfect Foods to make these delicious “Imperfect” BLT Crimson Lentils – give ’em a try!Read More