We’re so excited to partner with Imperfect Foods, a company on a mission to eliminate food waste and build a better food system for everyone – a mission we support 100%. Imperfect Foods offers imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality eggs and dairy at a discounted price and delivers them straight to your doorstep. Save time grocery shopping while helping to eliminate food waste?? Yes, please! Even better, if you use code TWENTYWITH35 you’ll get 35% off your first two boxes.
We used our Imperfect Foods to make these delicious “Imperfect” BLT Crimson Lentils – give ’em a try and let us know how you use your Imperfect Foods by tagging @prescribe-nutrition and posting your recipes on Instagram!
“Imperfect” BLT Crimson Lentils
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup dry crimson or red lentils
- 3 cup water or stock
- 5 slices of thick cut bacon
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Scallions, optional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400. Lay the bacon on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes or until desired crispness (the crispier the better!).
- Meanwhile, add the lentils, water, and 1tsp of salt to a large pot. Heat on high until boiling. Once boiling, turn the heat to medium, and cover the pot. Let the lentils simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Once the lentils are cooked, chop the bacon, and add it along with the veggies and remaining spices to the lentils. Stir to combine!
Makes: 4-6 servings
6 Foods to Get You In the Mood on Valentine’s Day
What does nutrition have to do with your sex life? Well, as it turns out, a lot. Here are the best foods to eat to boost your libido.Read More
Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies
We’re hug fans delicious chocolatey recipes that can be enjoyed guilt-free. And these Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies fit the bill! Plus they’re gluten-free and dairy-free to fit almost any lifestyle.Read More
15 Minute HIIT Workout
Lindsey, the fitness-loving, green veggie obsessed blogger behind nourish move love, is sharing her uber effective 15-Minute HIIT workout with us!Read More