Warm Fig + Mixed Greens
- 8 fresh figs or 12 dried figs, stemmed and cut in half
- 6 cups spinach
- ½ cup dry roasted hazelnuts chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 lb chicken cooked, sliced (see Go-To Chicken recipe)
- Balsamic vinaigrette (see Creamy Balsamic Dressing recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the halved figs on the tray. Roast them for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, chopped nuts, and basil. Remove the figs from the oven and add to the salad bowl while warm. If using chicken, add now.
- Pour the dressing over salad ingredients and toss to combine. The spinach will wilt slightly due to the heat from the figs (and chicken if using).
Make ahead tip: Prepare the dressing and chicken in advance to throw this delicious warming salad together in a snap.