Wee Chicken Nuggets
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless & skinless cut into chunks
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup gluten-free bread crumbs such as Glutino brand
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the first six ingredients in a food processor until chicken is finely chopped and ingredients are combined.
- Place the bread crumbs and nutritional yeast in a shallow bowl or on a plate and stir to combine.
- With moistened hands, roll 1 tbsp of chicken mixture between your palms and flatten it into a “nugget” shape. Gently press nuggets into bread crumbs to evenly coat them.
- Place nuggets on a cooling rack. Place cooling rack over a foil-lined baking sheet. Lightly spray nuggets with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve. If you want your nuggets to be golden brown, place under the broiler for 2 minutes after cooking. These are a hit when paired with the Sesame Dressing, Faux Ranch or organic ketchup.
Makes 24 nuggets